Historic Banning Mills
Adventure Page Navigation
Team Building High and Low Ropes
- Promote Professional Development for colleagues
- Boost group performance and productivity through outdoor challenge and team building activities
- High Rope, Low Rope, GPS, Team Building Activities
- Combine Fun, Professional & Leadership Development outdoors!
Guinness World Record Climbing Wall
- 140 ft artificial climbing wall
- 9 Climbing lanes, 2 Rappel walls, 4 overhangs and chimney, 5.12 Routes
- Tallest Freestanding Climbing Wall in the World as verified by Guinness World Records
GPS Adventure Challenge
- Combine Adventure, Technology, and Team Building for a unique experience
- Team Building Activity based on “geo-caching”
- Scenario based adventure
- Strategy team development
Aerial Adventure Challenge Park
- Terminator Corner – the Ultimate High Extreme Adventure
- Zipline and a Series of Aerial Adventure Challenges
- 12 Elements total including swinging planks, Tarzan slide, Loop to Loop and ziplines
Power Free Fall.......WHAT A RUSH!!!
- Power Fan Freefall
- Take a Leap of Faith off our 150ft adventure tower using our state of the art safety technology
- First of it’s kind on the East Coast
- Price: $29.00 per person (see restrictions in Learn More)
Birds of Prey Shows and Nature Events
- Meet Conservationist and Master Falconer Dave Arrowood and his Winged Ambassadors!
- Live and exciting show with Georgia’s indigenous birds of prey.
- Live Flight Demonstrations
- $5 per person.
Ancient Art of Falconry
- Experience a once in a lifetime chance to have a personal experience with live Raptors!
- Learn the history of falconry, a basic introduction to equipment used, weighing, feeding, housing and permitting of the birds.
- Experience live handling, training, and flying of the birds.
- Fieldwork will include the use of the lure.
- Our participants will get to see several of the indigenous raptors but Federal regulations prohibit anyone, other than a licensed falconer to handle indigenous species of birds of prey.
Live Flight Falcon Hunts
- Dale Arrowood will introduce you to the species of falcons and hawks used to hunt small game.
- Learn the history of falconry and the hunt, equipment needed and used and the basics of what to do and what not to do on a hunt.
- Guests out for a live, small game hunt with the Falcons.
- The Live hunt program last 4 to 6 hours.
Horseback riding in the lovely outdoors
- Horseback riding on beautiful historic trails with peaceful surroundings!
- Take a stroll through the history of Banning Mills
- Views of the old mill ruins, nature, and much more.
- Rides start at $50 per person for 1 hour and $79 per person for the 2-hour ride.
Exciting Kayaking Adventures
- Take a peaceful ride in our unsinkable kayaks -they are safer than a boat or canoe, are very hard to turn over, and no roll training is required.
- Relax and observe nature’s wonders and the native heritage of our rivers and creek.
- Go back in time to the same areas as the Creek and Cherokee Indians did generations ago.
Scenic Hiking Trails
- With acres and acres of wooded property, there are many trails to explore at Historic Banning Mills.
- Hike along the old town roads, Creek Indian paths, and old water raceways, and mill ruins
- Trails range from mild to moderately strenuous.
Youth Summer Camp
- Week long summer day camp
- Nature based learning and adventure activities
- Adventure activities include Archery, fishing, paddleboarding, swimming, team building, ziplining nature walks, kickball, nature programs and much more
- Designed for children ages 8 and up