Historic Banning Mills Policies
If you must cancel your reservation, a request must be emailed to us. We will not accept phone calls as a cancellation request. If you do not receive a cancellation confirmation, please call or email to let us know.
We highly encourage you to buy travel insurance which will assist you in case of last minute cancellation needs. Because we are a small country inn, cancellations within the cancellation period make it extremely difficult to rebook those openings we have held for you. Comparison sites such as www.insuremytrip.com are excellent ways to shop the best rates. Sometimes, unforeseen things come up. Being prepared with travel insurance helps alleviate those last minute surprises.
Service Animal Policy:
Historic Banning Mills is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for individuals with disabilities and recognizes the importance of the use of Service Animals. Historic Banning Mills abides by all state and federal ADA laws regarding the use of service animals. When planning your trip to Historic Banning Mills, we remind you pack for your Service Animal as well, including a copy of their up-to-date vaccination record. Historic Banning Mills DOES NOT provide kennels, leashes, collars, food, or other items associated to care for your pet. Historic Banning Mills will not be held liable for damages or injury to your service animal or caused by your service animals. For more information regarding the designation of service animals, please click HERE to be directed to the ADA website. For more information regarding the Georgia Annotated Code regarding Service Animals, please click HERE. Please note ONLY ADA recognized Service Animals are permitted on the property. A pet cleaning fee of $150 per room will be assessed to lodging guests who bring pets that are not ADA recognized Service Animals.
Cancellation and Transfer Policies
- We charge the full amount at the time of the booking and have a 7-day cancellation policy, which does NOT include the day of your stay or activity.
- Up until the 7-day window, you can cancel for a refund minus a $20 processing fee, or transfer to a gift card at no charge.
- Once you are within the 7-day window before the start of your reservation, we charge a one-night stay for a room, 50% of activities, and a $20 processing fee for any refunds.
- For the transfer option to a gift card, you have 5 years from when the gift card is issued, and it can be used here or at any of our 9 partner parks.
- Associated fees for transferring your refund to a gift card within the 7-day window are $25 for a room and $5 per person per activity booked.
We do not do any day-of refunds or transfers.
Group Reservation Policy (10+)
- A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of reservation and 100% payment is required at least 10 days prior to the reservation in reference.
- If a group requests to cancel their reservation LESS THAN 14 days in advance, a processing fee, 50% of the total cost, will be applied to the card used to make the reservation.
- If a group requests to transfer their reservation 24+ hours in advance, a transfer fee of $250 must be paid at time of transfer. The new group date must be booked within a six month time frame from the original event date. Transfers are notes as additional.
Gift Certificate Terms & Conditions:
- Gift card valid toward any service, activity or lodging at Historic Banning Mills
- CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE A GIFT CERTIFICATE
- Gift certificate promotions expires one year from issue date and cannot be used toward existing reservations. After expiration the gift card will be good for the value on the card but will no longer be good for the discounted promotion. EX. If you purchase a level 4 for $99 deal and it expires, the gift card is still good for $99 but the level 4 tour is normally $169 so the remainder would need to be paid.
- Must be redeemed by a person 18 years of age or older.
- Gift cards can not be used to purchase gift cards/certificates.
- Paid dollar amount will hold its value for five years from the date of purchase.
- When a reservation is made with the card, the cancellation policies will apply and the gift card may be lost.
- Gift cards cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Please view the website for weight and physical limitations.
- Restrictions may apply for adventure tours.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Customer will be responsible for costs and fees associated with dormancy, non-use or difference in promotional vs current pricing after the one-year expiration.
- Gift cards that have been redeemed WILL NOT be transferred, reused or reissued.
- Our standard cancellation policies apply
Adventure Treks and Service:
- 7 days before the reservation date: Full refund minus a $20.00 processing fee.
- Within the 7 days: 50% charge of the total plus a $20.00 processing fee with the remainder refunded back to the card used to make the reservation.
- Day of or no-shows: No refunds will be issued.
- Please review your reservation confirmation and call or email us for errors.
- Guests must be checked in for Inn side lodging by 10 pm and for the RV Park by either 7 pm or before dark, whichever is first. The property is gate guarded and you will NOT be able to check in after the above times. Please plan your travel time accordingly.
- Rates are for double occupancy bookings unless otherwise noted. Additional people will incur additional charges.
- There is not a public restaurant. Most rooms come with breakfast each morning of the stay, but lunch/dinners must be pre-arranged. Scheduled romantic dinners are served between 6 and 6:30 pm. Please plan your arrival times to correspond with this if you have scheduled a dinner. Please call or email us for entrée selections BEFORE your arrival.
- We are a NON SMOKING facility. A $150.00 fee will be assessed for smoking in the room.
- A $150.00 fee will be assessed if there is a need for excessive cleaning of a room.
- Damages to the room/property may incur damage fees.
- Lost keys: a room key: $15.00 per, Gate key: $50.00 per
- We Do NOT allow pets on the property. (RV units may have pets as long as they are controlled at the site)
- Banning Mills is not responsible for the loss of money, valuables or other personal property.
- Banning Mills, their employees, subcontractors, officers or directors of the organization are not responsible for injury, accidents, loss or death that you, and/or your guests/family/friends incur due to the result of accidents or as a result of any type of alcohol consumption on your or your guest’s part.
- Banning Mills is a conservation center and historic site. All wildlife, plants, driftwood, artifacts and any other natural or man-made features are protected and may not be moved or disturbed. Do Not climb on the historic structures. Please leave these for others to enjoy. Treasure hunting in any fashion is prohibited. Fines may be incurred.
Zip Line Canopy Tour Information:
- Arrive 30 minutes BEFORE your tour time starts!
- If you are late, you will be left. We are unable to hold tour times for latecomers. Latecomers will incur the full charge of the tour. No refunds for those who miss their tours.
- You must be 10 years old to go on the zip line canopy tour. (8 years old for the Forest tour)
- Weights: Forest tour: minimum weight is 50lbs, all other tours, minimum weight is 90lbs. Girls must weigh under 250lbs and Guys under 285 lbs. We will weigh you if we are not sure!
- If we see toes no one goes! No flip-flops, no sandals, no open-toed shoes allowed. Do not wear shoes with toes in them. Please see website for physical requirements.
- We do not recommend short shorts or strapless tops.
- You will be required to sign a waiver. Minors must sign and they must have a parent or guardian to sign with them. We can email waivers to you. Just call or email us the request.
- DO NOT consume alcohol/drugs the day of your tour. You will not be allowed to go if you do. NO refunds will be given.
- If we do not call you to cancel the tour, the tour is a go. If you are not sure, call us. If we go out and you don’t show up, you are considered a “no-show”. We do go out in the rain. We may delay tour times if a weather system is passing thru quickly. Some tour times may also be delayed because of fear factors, etc. We do not guarantee that you will go out promptly. Plan accordingly and please be patient. You will be glad you did!
- The full charge at the time of booking required.
We want your stay at Historic Banning Mills to be as enjoyable as you could possibly imagine. We are situated in historic Snake Creek Gorge. When you visit Historic Banning Mills you can expect to be greeted by a serene natural environment. While we offer modern amenities, being in a gorge presents challenges for modern conveniences like high speed WIFI while you are out enjoying the natural environment of Historic Banning Mills. You will have WIFI service in certain areas around the property, but it is not high speed. We do have high speed WIFI available at the main lodge with dedicated WIFI in our meeting spaces for our corporate guests.